Question about becoming an officer
Create Post

Question about becoming an officer

Me and a few buddies today that are in my JROTC class(we were waiting to do a Color Guard for our home teams b-ball game) were all talkin about the Marines. We were goin around in a circle, tellin what we plan on doing, and what path to take- officer or enlisted....to my discovery, many are wanting to become officers, while me and another were going to go the enlisted route....

Anyways

My buddy said he went to his recruiters office(i know him as well actually) and Sgt Spencer said that he could go through enlisted Boot, and then some how magically become a 1st Lieutenant(he didnt go into great detail about it).....my friend then tells me that this is a certain loop-hole only a few know about...NOW, my question being, is this true, or hes he making something up(or being told something that isnt true)?

Thanks,
    Matt

He does not have to go to boot camp to become an Officer in the Marine Corps. All he has to do is go to college and contact an Officer Selection Officer. The Officer Selection Officer (OSO) will put him in the Platoon Leaders Course (PLC) which will allow him to go to Officer Candidates School during the summers between college. By the time he graduates from college, he will be a Second Lieutenant in the Marine Corps. Just have him visit www.marineofficer.com. The Enlisted Recruiter can not help him with becoming an Officer.

Lieui, Lieui, dont you know, Marines dont come from Quantico.

lol sgt.....true...so true....ooorah

Thread Information